by the european society for emergency medicine
FROM THURSDAY JANUARY 31 at 1:30pm TO FRIDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2024 at 5pm
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
This congress takes place inside Secours Expo. The conference room will only be accessible to registered visitors. Check out the prices below.
The EUSEM (European Society for Emergency Medicine) has chosen Secours Expo to host its Winter congress.
Among other things, the congress will focus on:
- The massive unregulated influx of victims in emergency medicine
- Conferences and workshops (in association with the World Health Organization)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS CONGRESS
day one: thursday february 1, 2024
Session 1: Mass gatherings (2pm-3:30pm)
- How to handle communication in mass gatherings?
- Understand and anticipate crowd mouvement
- Mass casualties in mass gathering
- Discussion (20 min)
- Olympian experiences: from Athens to London
- Rugby World Cup France 2023: did it prepare us for Paris 2024?
- Paris Olympic Games opening ceremony: a unique worldwide experience
- Discussion (45 min)
day two: friday february 2, 2024
- Cardiac arrest in marathon
- Doping and consequences on athletes
- Exertional heat stroke in sport management
Session 4: Crisis management (10:45am-1:15pm)
- Mass casualty management in the ED during the Olympics
- Mass communication for mass gatherings
- Interaction among agencies in mass gatherings preparation
- Terrorism threat: still in mind
- How to prepare hospital EDs for mass casualties arriving abruptly
- A WHO Acadamy teaching course